Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
Kapil has started a YouTube podcast “Dil Se”, which is recast on The Wire as well. As someone who has observed him closely from the time that he was in power through UPA 1, UPA 2 and before, I find this transformation, from a ruthlessly seasoned politician to “Good Samaritan”, standing shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Prashant Bhushan, to be rather curious and dare I say somewhat disingenuous. Disingenuous because of the timing of it all - the forthcoming election being just around the corner. I would like to know everyone else's thoughts on this. Some, I reckon, would say that he's peddling his propaganda through these channels, as is his right - like the right-wingers are through theirs. I use the word “propaganda” with a sense of responsibility; see, he invites high-profile guests that are broadly aligned with him politically (basically congress people or people that are cosy with the congress) and the discussion is essentially a हाँ में हाँ मिलाना exercise. Here’s the latest-

https://youtu.be/ctjmkKMD210?si=ecnX1JEr0sfCmUNv
Modi bashing is quite a done thing on these so called independent media outlets (like The Wire) and some of them are willing to do it even at the cost of being wrong; the recent Poonam Agarwal debacle being a case in point. The Wire was rather quick to platform her "theory" to supposedly debunk the credibility of the electoral bond purchaser list released by the SBI. Her economically framed apology ("my bad") on Twitter/ X is only being carried by what many today call the godi media. As someone who identifies as moderate and apolitical, I have very little choice but to consume news from media outlets which are both adverse and friendly towards Modi. Kapil Sibal has an oratory that has long proven effective before an Indian audience. It is for this reason that he is a sought after lawyer. That aside, I wish he respected the intelligence of his listeners, and conducted more substantive discussions. Conducting a liberals baithak, rife with low hanging conjectures to trash the present dispensation won't cut it for a voter like me. I do however appreciate the nudge that he gave to Shashi in his previous Dil Se interview. Some of his suggestions were rather sensible - like having a common spokesperson for the Indi Alliance or a Manifesto for their governance plan.
KS assured BD, KT and some others that he would bankroll their new media venture "Tiranga". SG intelligently reworked his Plan B as Plan A and started ThePrint. Both BD and KT were taken aback. Even KT worked out a deal with TheWire later.

But so many folks left their jobs et al to joi Tiranga. Then the big BJP win in 2019 and Tiranga went poof and KS did not honor his financial commitments. So many people lost their jobs etc. BD went bazooka but could do very little.

And now KS mints a ton courtesy the Sheep from WB while Dear Nephew rises.
You aren't moderate or apolitical. You are a Bhakt and it's not Indi Alliance, it's INDIA.
INDIA isn't just a piece of political real estate for Rahul Gandhi to claim as his own. As someone who's voted across party lines, I approached his alliance with an open mind. However, I was quickly put off by his audacity in naming it 'INDIA.' This move reeks of entitlement and arrogance, suggesting he hasn't learned from past mistakes since 2014.
I agree. For a guy who took no responsibility while his party was in power for two full terms, and embarrassed OUR prime minister (by tearing his ordinance in parliament), it's rather rich of him to ask for our vote and call his alliance INDIA. I have voted Congress several times, but this level of
Surprisingly no one has told him to his face - INDIA is my motherland, not your private property.
Who will? Those who leave the motherland to the loving care of modi-shah?
The most underrated comment on Legally India right now. Bravo!
Nobody other than a naive fool would think he's a "Good Samaritan". This is another failed attempt at reaching out to the public, even though Sibal himself has never been a very popular politician.
Babe/Bro, Itne intellectual discussions LI pay Nahi Hote. Join a kitty party and discuss Sibal there.
The old guard has become super corrupt imo. Doesn't matter if they are journalists or politicians. Watch Karan Thapar subtly prop Congress with Najeeb Jung while throwing the Aam Aadmi Party under the bus - https://youtu.be/KHmdNTNR0yA?si=urUN0QnQYoCRAt5j
The Indi Alliance doesn't appear to be serious for if they were, I wouldn't have to struggle the way I am (presently) to find their development agenda - even a month before the elections. You can't contest an election on a defeat Modi agenda alone. The purpose of an election is to mandate someone to administer the country and formulate policies that are conducive for growth and development. Where the F is any of that for the Indi Alliance? Could someone share a link?
Modi is contesting the election on his non-existent guarantee alone.
This alliance has been reduced to a farcical joke by its own. Mamta di and Nitish Kumar proving to be a case in point. The only notable achievement is drawing Varun Gandhi (of all people) into the fold. This deserves a moment of silence.