Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
My parents and friends point me out with regard to my cleanliness. I wear whatever I want to class. Hardly use deodrants and fragrances. Never really cared to polish my shoes except on the day of interviews or moots. Considers that wearing a watch is useless etc. Would allow my beard to grow naturally and then clean shave it and then allow to grow it again. Sometimes you can see eye goops on my face as well. In my T1 univ, people don't care. As long as you get the work done. But I see lot many people focusing on perfume brands, watch brands, suits, office bag brands etc. Is it because all these really matter. Like do partners really scold associates and senior associates for these things.
Buddy, at least wash your face before you go out. In your case, it is not about looking well groomed but being hygienic.
Yes they do care. Please take a bath and groom yourself properly if you want to be in T1 firms
Here to reassure you. I was the same in law school. Corporate jobs can't take the chill out of you, don't worry. For instance, you'll have to wear formals, but keep a beard and shave when it gets too much. till A3, you can coast through, I did. Cab/public transport, a upper mid range Android.

I think you'll have to start getting more "square" once you're SA and above.
my partner literally doesnt sleep for days and is a fat frick, so you'll be fine, just not in the social world
There's no expectation from firms that you have to be rocking the absolute best clothes or the fanciest watches. But absolutely no one is going to take you seriously at a firm or for that matter let you in the door if you dress and act like a hippie. Ironed clothes, polished shoes, trimmed nails and smelling good is the absolute bare minimum.
For the most part, it doesn't make a difference. You work hard enough, you will be good.
God. Please change your ways when it comes to basic hygiene.

You still have time.
Grooming, money and social class matters helluva lot in work and life. Looks are secondary. Wear Armani suits, get men's facials, drive a BMW, speak English well and arm yourself with an IB school diploma and degrees from London/NY. The world will be your oyster --- fast-track promotions, top clients and a glam wife.

Been there, done that.
If people close to you are pointing out that you stink, imagine people who genuinely don't give a fuck about you will treat you. Get some basic hygiene, its people like you that ruin the reputation of Indians everywhere
Man be well groomed and hygienic even if it doesn't matter 😭😭 bare minimum for an adult