Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Hey LI, need opinion of expert teachers, students, alumni & aspirants!

I secured a rank of around 3K in CLAT 2024. It's just 45 days to MAH-CET Law Exam, do you think it's worth to put effort into this exam for colleges namely ILS, GLC? Would their degrees yield the same value in 2029 as a before, so it's vanishing prospects? Or should I thoroughly focus on CLAT again this time, enrolling into a college and studying for CLAT seems a plan off, because it's like expensive! Guidance guys...
You can try mhcet if you are from maharashtra but if not then it becomes very hard. Also studying for clat is not that expensive, almost everything is available in telegram etc
I ain't from Maharashtra. I hold that expensive part for college 1st year like Nirma, Symbiosis and stuff. CLAT is now cheaper.
Also, can mhcet really be done in under 45 or so days from scratch? Or is it a waste of efforts?
MHCET is more of a luck exam, very simple questions it really depends on how dumb other test takers are...and the session you are giving. The prep already done for CLAT is enough.
GLC is amazing cus you have a really big alum + you can leave at the end of your 3rd year and get a B.A/BLS Degree if you want
With all due respect, nearly all the great alums of GLC are now dead. Like literally. The place is bang mediocre and the only reason people even consider it is either because of Mumbai+low fees factor or their nepo kids who have no ambition or need to study the law the hard way.
Agar drop year hi le rahe ho tho what's harm in writing MHCET?

And if you get GLC where the fee is low, you can enrol there and study for CLAT simultaneously
I don't think GLC will be my way, it has no hostels. Mostly it will be ILS, then I can go and study for CLAT.
ILS is not worth it honestly, take a complete drop. You can think about taking GLC because of its attendance relaxation and very easy examination pattern. A lot of students from my batch had enrolled in GLC and had cracked tier 1 NLUs the next year. I don't really think ILS has that kind of attendance relaxation or exam pattern.

Also incase you are not able to crack clat (touchwood) GLC is anytime better than ILS in terms of Corporate or Litigation placements and internships.
Take LSAT-India in May and apply to Jindal.

If you get 90-99 percentile, which you most likely looking at your CLAT rank, 25% to 75% tuition fee waived as scholarship for all 5 years.

Way better than taking MHCET or dropping a year to take CLAT 25.