Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
t-1 nlu; my ultimate aim is for a career in corporate law, but im also interested/passionate about wildlife rights/animal law, etc.

will it look odd on my cv if i intern at these organisations just for my first year? will it impede my chances of getting a subsequent corporate law internship ?

or will employers be more keen and see me as someone who is "serious about their passion" as cliche as it sounds?

also, if you know of any opportunities for internships centred around wildlife/animal law, please do post.
Absolutely not! Even if you do these in your second year it’s fine. Maybe from the third year you can start with the β€˜serious’ internships. People get job offers on the basis of one internship too. It’s just about being a fit in the place. Nobody cares about your internships in the first year.
No no, these internships would actually help you show you have a diversified experience rather a singular criteria. This would also be helpful to you in your publications and internships as well.