Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
I got into JGLS with a 99+ percentile which means a 75% scholarship (though I have no formal confirmation of the same yet). NLUO would cost around 13 lakhs for 5yrs while Jindal would cost 23.5 lakhs after scholarship. I'm guessing there would be around 4 to 5lakhs of living and extra expenses for 5yrs in both colleges. We’re middle class but due to certain recent responsibilities affording Jindal would make situations financially tight (no loans needed but we would have to tap into our savings eventually). I'm going to work hard for a good corporate job at either college. I’ve done my research and I know what factors are cons and pros in both these colleges but I'm confused if Jindal is worth the stress and extra 10lakhs.Insight on life at these colleges would also be helpful. I’ve been struggling a lot with this choice so genuine advice would be great, thanks.
Go with NLUO. It is a decent enough institution to call itself an NLU and JGLS is not worth getting financial stress over. If JGLS would cost the same, I would suggest JGLS instead.
If finances are a constraint, go for NLUO. Don't overstretch your finances for no reason.
More or less, even the students with good scholarships might get lost in the ratrace. plus, NLUO is really coming up and about with their mooting achievements, you could get better mentorship there.
What terrible advice! Obviously go for Jindal. The placements are better for the top and you are likely to be at the top as you are a scholarship student. Proximity to DelHi is an added advantage. And much better campus obvs.

Let me put it another way: SP Jain or IIM Sambhalpur? Obvs SP Jain!
Placements are better for who? For privileged kids who would have had their parents secure them a job anyway even if they went to CLC.
NLU Odisha is no comparison with Jindal. If it was top 5 NLUs you could have left. Scholarship is good.
that jindal scholarship will come with terms and conditions and no certain returns. NLUO students get jobs. the difference in branding is not worth the money, the JGLS brand isnt that great and has associations with "spoilt rich kids" stereotypes. Id avoid and go to NLUO
It is honestly up to you. Despite the stigma and what people make it out to be, I had a wonderful time at JGLS. I too had a 75% scholarship and would never have afforded that education if I did not have a scholarship. My family paid 18 Lakhs for the 5 years (no hostel fees for a couple of years because covid).
My family situation was even more dire and they had absolutely 0 savings. Somehow I made it through the 5 years. I made lifelong friends, had amazing experiences and made good contacts. I got a PPO at a tier - 2 through internships. But then again I wasn't great at studies during my time there. If it is not a veryyyy big burden, honestly go for it. With relatives in Delhi, things would be better and you would not require frequent flights back home.

As far as life at JGU is concerned, it is like a HUGE buffet, there are going to be so many dishes around, but you have limited space on your plate, so make the most of the dishes which you find the most favourful. It is honestly a fun time. But, do note that many students do not find it very fun and think because of some obnoxious rich brats (not everyone is like that). Having a good friend group and nice roommates is the key to a good time I feel.
Honestly, JGLS is preferable but there is a stigma attached to it. NLUO has that tag. Placements you will eventually get at both the places. Personally, I believe JGLS would be better for overall development. But consider what's fit for you. ATB
Stupid question.

If you have money, go to jindal.

If you have merit, go to NLU.
Jindal would cost 23.5 lakhs after a 75% scholarship? What a world we are living in.