Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
I am thinking for at SA level in KCO or JSA or Trilegal Banking Finance Team in Mumbai.

Would be helpful if one could provide real review about the work culture in the three places in B&F Team Mumbai.
1. KCO (Avoid MS's DCM team and try to work with Rajeev/ Rahul/ Rolwine. Culture will suck due to the difficult guy who chairs the practice but your learning curve will be very steep)

2. JSA (Its a pool system across partners but work is great quality and bonuses are very high due to B&F being the firm's star practice so thats a plus point)

3. Trilegal (No idea since I have never worked across them)

If not these 3, you can also consider IndusLaw (Ashutosh's team), Argus (Aastha's team) or TT&A (Sonali's team) based out of Mumbai.
Thats more of aviation financing and trade finance with some bit of restructuring work. Won't really recommend limiting yourself to a certain sector atleast at the SA stage. Hope that helps, best of luck!
you can take Anand out of Wadia Ghandy but you cannot take Wadia Ghandy out of Anand. Thats why the culture is shit at AZB, Mumbai in B&F teams (particularly the WG breakaways).
But what is shit about the culture? Please can you explain? Some insight from former colleagues or anyone working there presently will really help us!
Please can you elaborate - I keep hearing this from people on this forum but no one specifically gives any reasons why it is toxic. Is there anyone good to work with in the team? Why is it toxic? The work they do is good from what I hear, the hours can be long - but is it just the hours that are expected or is there something more?
she is unapproachable, has unrealistic expectations and focuses more on getting the deal at any cost which comes at the cost of sanity. Also DCM as a practice is too niche and switching firms maybe a big problem since only JSA and TTA have half decent work (along with SNG and Juris Corp picking up in the mid sized segment). Since MS focuses solely on DCM, try to work with Partners who will expose you to general banking work along with a bit of infra financing and restructuring. Your best pick should be Rahul from KCO, Mumbai or Tirthankar from JSA, Mumbai for a broad scope of good quality work.
Since nobody mentioned Tri - AK47 and PS teams to be avoided at all costs.