Read 42 comments as:
Filter By
Well done! Also, let's stop stereotyping all Gen Z NUJS students as woke and lazy. Yes, some students may be like that but there are also many others who are hard-working. Plus also thinking out of the box and looking beyond law firms. I'm telling you these guys will go places --- Harvard Business School MBA and then further growth in their business.
First ever NLU grads on Shark Tank, I guess? Honestly, it's such a great idea. Congratulations to this amazing couple!
I think there was a pitch by a Masters in Buisness Law (MBL) student from NLS who pitched his iced tea startup - 'fomo' in sharktank before this.
MBL isn't a law degree.

It's like political scientists aren't real scientists.
It is a law degree, and him completing his mbl from nls would make him a 'NLU grad' as stated in the above-mentioned message.
I would say technically if you have done a 2 month course or 12 month course from NLS you should be considered NLS alum. No need to diss on other degrees. Everyone knows its all about the five year course so you don't need validation. Stop belittling diploma/distance/LLM/master courses and degrees. At the same time these people should also specify exactly what course they have done from NLS. Just saying I am an NLS alum would not suffice. Just be true to yourself and others.
Yes, NLSIU is the first NLU to make it to Shark Tank then NUJS. It's ridiculous to claim that only undergrad alumni are alumni.
As an NUJS grad myself, I have got no issue against recognising NLSIU MBL grads as their alumni or acknowledging their contribution as that representing NLSIU. Who went first is just a juvenile matter to fight about anyway. The important thing is to ensure that more and more people do from all the law schools.
No recognition here because NUJS opposition state ka college hai.
What authority does SAMA's legal process has? I mean people hardly follow court orders, why would anyone follow decisions reached through this platform?
No pls enlighten why should parties pay 1% or whatever fees SAMA is charging, for reaching a resolution which will anyways not be followed up unless courts are involved?
Its Med-Arb. Arb is binding. Court has less interference and well be executed by the Courts by filing execution proceeding. Slashing time and money by A LOT
If noojies think this is enough to be better than nls, that's dumb. NLS is still miles ahead 🤣
If you think that you're anything more than a troll, then that's dumb. You are just a sorry person who can't appreciate other people's good work and would never be happy in your life.
The mentioned during the pitch that they draw salaries of Rs.90,000 a month.
AND? THEY GOT A COMPANY WHICH IS VALUED AT 75 Cr what have you done in life bro
Slavery. Corp slavery is what he has done. But honestly, what a pathetic comment. Completely oblivious to the fact that this man made a platform which has resolved around 1 lac disputes..which is much needed to help already burdened clothes. It has made 10x impact than what can in your whole life bro
I have got a seat in NLS. Something which no noojie can say. :)
1. I did get a seat in NLS, chose to stay at NUJS for personal reasons. Never regretted my decision.

2. If NLS taught you such inane arguments, then it's better not to study there. Going by your logic, you didn't get a seat at DU. Hence DU must be better than NLS.
During the pitch Anupam said lawyers rarely come on the show. All the judges also initially struggled to understand their service in question and were sceptical. It just shows how dumb and uninformed they are. I'm pretty sure they spend as little as possible on legal costs and give work to cheap-ass firms. It's high time lawyers take on these BTech-MBA bros and get into entrepreneurship. They'll do a much better job. NLU grads have higher EQ than IIT-IIM grads.
Anyone knows how much this couple from NUJS is worth? 5/10/20 crores? Or are they only just starting?
Any other entrepreneurs or folks who took the less traveled paths?
Naiya Saggi (NLSIU + Harvard MBA, founder of Baby Chakra) is the #1 famous lawyer entrepreneur in India. She was invited to meet Mark Zuckerberg and take a selfie with him. She hosts a YouTube show similar to Shark Tank

Armaan Sood (Jindal grad) of Sleepy Owl Coffee is the #2 most famous lawyer entrepreneur . In fact, Armaan's wife (who is an American girl) was on Shark Tank India last season, with a Kombucha brand. She mentioned on the show that she is married to Armaan.

Ramanuj Mukherjee of NUJS is the #3 most famous lawyer entrepreneur. He needs no introduction.

P.S. Obviously not counting those who founded law firms.
Question: I need a mediator for a dispute with a neighbour in my housing society. I want to know if anyone has used this company and if they are good.
Any part/full time mediator exclusively relying on SAMA? Wanted to know whether its worth spending for their paid training course and whether the same can be recovered in 2-3 months.
Why is bloody mediation and these other ADR mechanisms are being forced on people Increase no. of judges, make us intelligent NLU grads one