Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Hi everyone. I am a 3rd year student of a non-NLU in a Tier 2 city of South India. Before reappearing for CLAT I would like to know whether is there any NLU except NLSIU, which is worth joining at this age when you are taking into account the corporate placements?

Note: This is a honest query of mine as I am hearing various downfall stories of various top NLUs on LI since past few months
If corporate placements is what you're looking for, then NALSAR and NUJS have the best performance as on date.
NLUD is better than both if one actually wants a holistic legal education that isn’t tailored for corporate placements. That’s a fact.
Not really. Since there is no evidence of NLUD graduates doing any better in any field of law than those from NALSAR and NUJS. Nor are the faculty any better at this stage. Comparable, yes. Better, no.
The top 7 colleges have almost identical placements, with NLS, NALSAR, NUJS, and NLUD being the ones to aim for. Even if you end up at GNLU, NLUJ, or NLIU, it should still be worthwhile. However, how can you be so sure that you are suited for corporate law, law school is very different from what students imagine it to be. Even within these institutions, you need to be in the top 10-20% to live a stress free life.
You can safely ignore almost everything that you read on LI about law schools and law firms. Those are rants of frustrated people who remain cloaked in anonymity to be a buzzkill. You can safely join places like NLSIU, NALSAR, NLUD, NUJS, NLUJ, GNLU and NLIU and if you work hard in the next five years, then you will land a good job for sure.
Get a good score and then choose from the colleges you get, it's all a pipe dream before that
A 7-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.