Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Are any other equity partners denuded with requests from students on LinkedIn? I am as helpful as I can be and direct them to my fellow partners who handle recruitment but some students need their head examined. I had to block a lady who kept texting me every day for a

month and then managed to get my WhatsApp number. This is a message to all students - pls be mindful that something said once, is said enough. Anything more reeks of desperation and not only us, but the world will avoid you like the plague.
if only your firm’s lousy HRs were proactive at what they do, you wouldn’t be getting such requests
That's horrible, but is it also possible to ask your HR departments to be more responsive and frankly just better at their jobs? Or create a portal for applications? I've never had to reach out to partners personally since my rank was decent enough to get internships through RCC but the mantra seems to be "HR will never reply, reach out to partners"
As a law student, we appreciate partners like you who take the time to respond to at least some of our messages and emails. Thank you
Whys the moderation so slow yet again? This forum was already bad enough with the drop in quality posts and responses since the past few years, now they're not even getting published.
Hello! Equity partners like you are appreciated, hearing out us students. The issue is, most of us are desperate for jobs, so I can't fault them for pinging you if the HR is useless - the WhatsApp bit went too far. I'd suggest putting a post on LinkedIn saying that people trying to contact you on personal messaging platforms will be blacklisted.

Beyond that, the best you can do is expand your own practice so that you can create jobs for associatesπŸ˜…
I mean HRs never reply so there’s really no other solution except reaching out to partners directly….