Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
There is a reason why first years weren't allowed to vote in SJA elections once upon a time, back when the SJA used to mean something and its leaders used to work for the interests of the institution.
Of course you would support voter suppression, just because the candidate of your choice could not fetch enough votes.
I don't really care about who among you people become the king of the hill now, more so because you have stopped doing anything useful as students or facing the admin about issues that matter. I just mentioned how things used to be and that there was a solid reason behind that. First years do not really know about candidates or the issues that plague the institute in detail, nor about things that must be done in long term interest of the institute and the students. Hence they were not part of the voter list.
Agreed. I am from NLS and I do believe that first years should not be allowed to vote. They have zero idea about how political dynamics work in the college.
My own view is that we should just give up on the SJA and wait for Gen Z to die out. We should instead pin our hopes on Gen Alpha, which will enter a few years from now. I am hopeful that Gen Alpha will be more serious and make up for the complete decline under Gen Z.