Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
I am a PA at a tier one law firm. Entry level German cars start around 45 lakhs, which is not really affordable for me. Is it safe to go for second hand options or shall I settle for a Skoda?
PA at a T1 and it's not affordable? This is depressing, why am I even working hard in this field
Affordability has a different meaning. You can buy it that doesn't mean it's affordable.
His/Her priorities are different. A PA/Counsel at a T1 can definitely afford an entry level German if they wish to.
Can you afford the upkeep on a luxury car?

Secondly, buy it if you want to drive it and enjoy the experience.

Don't waste your time worrying out the approval of people around you.
Also think about the maintenance cost of German cars. It's pretty high. Go for a Skoda or even a top variant of Honda City.
Skoda all the way boss. The Germans have insane upkeep prices plus come with a very tight ticker if you're based in Delhi because you only have 10 years to drive those babies without getting caught by mamas on the road and being charged the premium bribery cases.
Pick up a second hand car. Even with the costs of maintenance factored in, you will save money. They are a pleasure to drive even after a few years of ownership.
IMO anyone making 30L a year after tax should seriously consider buying a Merc. It’s very much affordable if you take a loan.