Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
People from average colleges with average grades and average life, did you find success later on in life ? Especially in your late 20s or 30s ?
Below average rank here. Mostly due to laziness and disillusionment.(Law firms suck, wlb balance etc). Didn't know where I'd end up. Just gave a few interviews during campus placement and ended up in a T1. Of course I went because like I said, I didn't know where I'd end up. But definitely did not expect to be here. But life is good now, cashing decent checks, but I'm also concerned about my health due to the gruelling working hours. All in all, I'd say is grades don't matter but they do help. But a good cv also matters. You should probably have a wide variety of experiences that can prove useful to the firm
This comment is not relevant because you got into a T1 right after graduation as a fresher, earning 1L base pay plus bonus. The OP is talking about people who struggled initially and later found success.
It takes time, like 3-4 years to earn a stable income and have command over knowledge.
Bump.

People who initially failed to get into good T1/T2 jobs due to being from low level college or average CV etc .. please do share your stories, how you're doing nowadays.

I'm in this situation right now so it'd be helpful.
Graduated from a decent college with average grades. Struggled in a tier 2/2.5 firm for a couple of years before spending next 6 years chasing the mirage of civil services exam (UPSC). Restarted career with a tier 2 slowly clawing my way back up to a Tier 1.5 for another 4 years. Now in a tier 1 firm, in my mid-30s settled with 2 kids and paycheck that affords a comfortable life in NCR. So yes, success (with its different meanings and standards) does come at different times to different people.
So if you are starting career now, trust me, you will find your success or calling and inner peace / satisfaction at some point of time in future.
Wow. Having wasted 5 years in civil services exam, this is a motivational read for me. Hope I succeed in my new endeavour and get out of this rut soon.