Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I am from a non-NLU & want to pursue my masters and PhD from the same university. My two options are NUJS and NALSAR.

NUJS since it has an advisor I want to work with, however I am afraid of the politics and administration, and it's decline as an institution.

NALSAR since I find it a little bit better than NUJS in terms of overall faculty and facilities, also LLM students can TA.

Please advise? Advisor or Institute?
Institute. Two reasons:

1. In pursuing a Ph.D., one should be able to work independently, with little or no supervision.
2. If you base it on advisor, and in the 5 years that advisor leaves then you'll be in deep s**t.

That said, both of your options are not good. They don't have a research culture. It's your call.
Thanks for the reply. According to you, which institutes have a good research culture?
Care to share your own research credentials that allows you to be the arbiter of which place has good research culture? The available data says that several faculty from both the places have got equivalent publications compared to any other law school in the country as well as research projects.
LLM students if found good enough can be given similar opportunities at NUJS too, in case you didn't know that already.