Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
Is 1 cr family income (pre tax) and a networth of 10 cr enough to attend Jindal or will I be considered poor?
You can certainly afford the fees and even an LLM overseas, but what you may not be able to afford are certain things which other kids spend on: e.g. exchange programmes abroad, birthday parties in five star hotels in Delhi, chauffeur-driven BMW, branded goods, extended weekend trips with classmates to the Maldives etc. You may or may not feel sad about it β€” depends on your personality and also whether you want rich friends or a rich bf/gf, or are happy with a social circle with your type of income.
My family income after all expenses being paid for my father's business (sole proprietorship - employee salary, rent, electricity bill, GST, taxes, business debtors) was around 12 Lakhs.

Still, my parents managed to put me and my sibling (going to Amity - non-law) through college for those 5 years.

I had a substantial scholarship, so that helped immensely, also did not have to pay hostel fees for a couple of years because of COVID.

Trust me, no one considers you poor when at JGU and if they do, you're hanging out with the wrong crowd. Some people may be privileged to take it for granted or not comprehend how one does not have money to buy/ do something they can do on a whim. But mostly, people don't give 2 cents about background. I met plenty of humble people there and have good friends.

People do not generally engage in immature money d**k measuring contests and only those who do care who's poor and who's not. Because in the larger scheme of things, my family still forms part of the top 5-10% and yours in the top 1%.
You are not poor. Those below 50 lakh family income get scholarship in jindal. Others don't. So you are rich..jindal considers you to study in full fee.
JGLS has increased annual parental income limit in 2024 to INR 50 lakh. Scholarship for 2024 as per admission office communication:

99.00 to 100 percentile: 75 percent tuition fee

97.00 to 98.99 percentile: 50% tuition fee

90.00 to 96.99 percentile: 25% tuition fee

80.00 to 89.99 percentile: 10% tuition fee

LSAT January & May Test scores accepted for scholarships. If taken both the tests, higher of the two scores considered.
For all those folks that think 7Lakh JGLS fee is a lot, they haven’t met SLS folks. 3.5 tuition fee + at least 5 Lakh in living expenses in Viman Nagar make education more expensive. Come to SLS Pune kid, you’ll feel like you’re nothing.
how 5 lakhs living expenses in Viman Nagar? You can always share a flat with friends and save costs. Its max 5l for a year factoring stay and miscellaneous expenses.
A 11-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.