Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Why do people have to be so cruel, especially when we have so much knowledge about the harm it causes? I experienced fat-shaming from my senior colleagues at work recently, and the pain and stigma from that experience have made me consider leaving my job and finding employment elsewhere. But just leaving doesn't feel like enough. I want to see justice served. Are there legal avenues for victims of verbal abuse like fat-shaming to seek compensation in court?
I was asked to lose 10 kgs when I requested my senior colleagues to grant me access to my Managing Partner during our annual marathon. This organization is so regressive in its outlook. First, they body shame me, โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ then they โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. Sure, this industry demands having a thick skin, but this is just unacceptable!
Yeah, your field is tough bro and one does need a tough skin to survive it. This โ€œManaging Partnerโ€ of yours has been embarrassing himself for the past almost 10 years with every โ€œopportunityโ€ and driving the โ€œfirmโ€ into the ground. A classic example of how nepotism can ruin something good. But worry not 2024 isn't his either and he has himself to thank for it.
Is this JSA/AZB i remember them posting on LinkedIn regarding marathons...
I don't think you need to really care about anything except your work. If you're good - that's what's going to matter ultimately. I know ppl who have 6 pack abs and give absolute dumbfucks complex. This is a reflection of their insecurities not yours. Next time someone calls you fat - request them to order you desserts to maintain that "fat" they're making fun of.

More power to you!

Cheers
Ya ya. U can colour the fat shaming comments with shades of sexual abuse and suggestion. Nothing untoward will happen to your tormentors in the long run but hey, you wouldโ€™ve taught them a lesson albeit at the cost of your employability in the profession.
A 14-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.