Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I'm an NLS student, always and still want to be a criminal defense lawyer. I have secured a PPO. I still want to litigate. However, the financial uncertainties associated with a career in litigation concern me. I'm curious to hear from individuals who, like me, had the option to pursue a corporate job but chose litigation instead. Could you share your experiences and insights on whether the opportunity cost was ultimately worthwhile?
From my experience, what should matter most when considering the options is the significant cultural contrast between them. Addressing your concern promptly, the time it takes to establish yourself isn't as daunting as commonly believed, particularly in the tier one and two metros (except Calcutta). Despite the abundance of lawyers, there remains a notable scarcity of proficient ones. Legal proceedings progress slowly, and the people that you will engage with in criminal litigation can and will leave you questioning your decision! If your PPO gives you access to quality white-collar criminal work, then take that, build your savings and contacts at the criminal bar. Then go on your own
What year of study? and where do you intend to practice? Is it Delhi? If yes then you may take up independent civil, ipr, tax matters alongside criminal litigation to begin with