Read 37 comments as:
Filter By
Hi , I am a student of the incoming batch of 2029 in Nlsiu, I have a few doubts about the placement there for the batch of 2023 as the college has not released its placement report and also recession is going on in the market , so if any senior from nls can clear this doubt then it would certainly help me alot in clearing my mind from this confusion.

Thankyou
Will be very competitive and difficult in the coming years, the batch size increasing significantly + 3 year LLB, while the number of jobs are not going to increase and those firms will hire only limited numbers from Nls even if it is rank1 . It should mean you need to maintain an extremely high gpa throughout preferably within the top 20 of the batch, you will get definitely hired.
It's very difficult now. T1 law firms typically recruit around 300 people every year during decent economic times. Now that NLS will soon have 420 students graduating every year (300 BA LLB + 120 LLB Hons), you can imagine how tough it's going to become. Plus, the gap between NLSIU and NLUD/NALSAR/JGLS is decreasing every year, so count in their grads too. Additionally, courts are getting digitized, so a lot more work will become automatable, and the use of emerging tech will soon exponentially increase in Indian law firms, decreasing recruitment to some extent.

Best of luck, you will need it.

Your senior from batch of 25'
Jindal is shit, it places like 70-80 students out of 900 plus. Stop comparing it with top NLUs
70 is a large number, we just have around 50 jobs in tier 1/high paying firms in 2024 batch
Please read why I wrote carefully. I never 'compared' JGLS to top NLUs. I stated that the gap between NLSIU and NLUD/NALSAR/JGLS is decreasing every year, so one should consider the graduates from these institutions as well. I did not imply that all their graduates should be counted, as no law school (or any other institution) in India can place all of its graduates. Those claiming 100% placements often employ creative methods to determine who is considered eligible for placement.

To clarify further, while Jindal only places around 180 students through the OCS, and only approximately 30 to 35 students secure positions in T1 firms, these students are indeed competitors for other students, including those from T1 NLUs like NLSIU, who are striving to secure jobs at T1 firms.

My argument remains valid: the rise of other law schools has made it more difficult for students at T1 NLUs, such as NLSIU in this case, to secure good placements.
Truer words have not been uttered by NLUD trolls. They would rather be classless (which they are). It is also interesting how the mod is allowing all his abuses while marking the responses as trollish.
Indeed!

To be clear, however, a couple of students from NLUJ/GNLU/NLIU, etc., will be competent enough to be considered for T1 law firm jobs. However, there will be very few such students, so I did not mention these in my original posts.

In fact, I know one person from KPMSOL and another from ASL who got T1 jobs. I am sure that there are others like them; however, I cannot list down the law schools that everyone who ever got a T1 job graduated from, and thus I did not mention law schools like NLUJ/GNLU/NLIU, etc.

Furthermore, and I know this will be controversial, the OP specifically asked about NLSIU. I spoke about NLSIU and other T1 law schools in my post. With all due respect to everyone at NLUJ/GNLU, etc., those law schools are not commonly considered T1 by recruiters from T1 law firms. That's just the fact. I am not saying that those law schools are bad, but they aren't considered in the same league as NLSIU/NLUD/NALSAR/JGLS.

I hope this version aligns with your intended meaning and addresses your concerns regarding grammar and spelling. Let me know if you need further assistance!
No T1 law firm recruiter considers NLUJ or GNLU to be worse than NLUD. In fact, they hire more from the former over the latter every year. So your claim is factually inaccurate.
That’s a complete joke. T1 recruiters are all well aware that NLUD is superior to GNLU and NLUJ. It’s because NLUD has a smaller batch size and lesser students interested in corporate placements. So recruiters don’t have the option here. And more importantly, alumni could also play a role and NLUD has only recently started producing partners at T1 law firms.
No T1 recruiter feels that way. You are merely imagining that, which is in line with your superiority complex and complete lack of information about how T1 law firms think or behave.
GNLU placed 125 students for the batch of 2023 out of 150 students who sat for placements. What are you even saying?

Do you even study in an NLU?
This is how the Gen Z views these law schools. NLS, NALSAR and NLUD with JGLS have this veneer of being places with rich kids from civilised backgrounds whereas the tier 1.5 NLUs are considered lesser versions with more kids from non-metros and less cultured backgrounds.
Anyone harbouring such illusion only has got their own selves to blame for it.
Thankyou senior, I believe that I'll survive this if I'll hustle which I believe everyone will do there, but thanks again.
NLSIU placements like all other law schools are only going to get more difficult. Brand value of college will reduce and focus will be on individual quality.
Placements are going to get increasingly difficult. You will be competing with 300 batchmates plus 120 people from the LLB programme. But beyond that I would want you to consider one more thing. NLS is very focused on academics and it is very hectic. I have seen many extremely smart people not be able to cope with the pressure. It then creates a vicious cycle where people keep performing poorly.

If are very studious and focused on academics NLS is good. But if you like some flexibility, if you want to try out different co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, NLS under Sudhir may not be the best place for you.
Hey, thank you for your response, can you please tell me about if I'll do co-curriculars like moot and adr will it also create some problems or would it be fine with that, I'm a person who is not that interested in emc and things like that so that's all that i have planned to join in nls.
NLS does not release its placement data but I can tell you that everyone from the 2023 batch got placed. But, placements for 2024 were not good. However, that is due to bad placement scenes generally and is common across law schools. The bigger problem is the increased batch size and the consequent competition.