Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
Has anyone interned at SAM Bangalore? How was your experience? Is it worth interning given its for 3 weeks? What is their best team? Do they offer callbacks.

A full guide please.
Have interned. Be on top of what you are doing. The main partner actually knows what the whole office is doing including interns and randomly calls interns to meet him and asks them questions on their work. He meets every intern and is very pleasant but it’s quite intimidating. He will ask you some questions almost interview style and if you have not given satisfactory answers, I don’t think you have any shot anymore. Have heard of people being called back and one of their A0 associates is actually from a T2/T3 college who is now an associate after doing two consecutive internships. Not sure of the 3 weeks as I had one month internship. Very nice office in CBD but no parking nearby. They give breakfast and evening snacks to all in a nice cafeteria. Corporate team is the best and everyone seems very busy.
Interesting work. Good team. Couldn’t get clarity on whether they are hiring.
Policy team is in dilli. 1 partner and few As sit in Bangalore & heavily tmmt policy work. Hemant does technology law which is corporate and technology mix. Both good teams to join
Also can you tell me the name of the main partner and his team, does he calls interns from other team as well
Interned there a few months ago with a batchmate and we were assigned to different corporate teams. The smaller corporate team gives the interns a lot of diligence work and they had to come in on the weekends and stay really late. Might be better for an intern. The bigger team was also very busy but as intern I mostly got proof reading, research and downloading documents from mca. The SA who was my buddy was very approachable - usually very scared to approach lawyers but she was very nice. When she was ordering snacks for the team asked the interns also. She is the person to approach for call backs. The PA in the team is also very nice but has high expectations on work. Wanted research work with a note setting out background and law with analysis, footnotes with citation, and all supporting documents highlighted. Out of the lot the SA (who was my buddy) and PA seemed like very good seniors to work with - answered questions when I had doubts without getting angry. The others also when giving work were very nice. The team in general seemed very fun and while they worked hard would make jokes etc. Unlike other internships you sit with the team so seems fun. Everyone from A0 to PA to even the partner who sits on this side seemed to get along. Overall will recommend if you have a shot.
Who are the partners of these respective smaller and bigger corporate teams?
Manav Nagaraj and Bhargav for the larger team. Hemant Krishna for the smaller team.
Can you please tell the names of partners or the small team and the bigger team you are referring to?