Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
In fact, it's much harder to get into a top 10 NLU than even Oxbridge. I know a girl who couldn't get into a top 10 NLU, but she got into Cambridge. But I'm talking about low ranked British universities here, like Warwick, Manchester, Durham, Exeter , York etc. I've seen Indian students from such places being picked up by UK law firms, while many students of NLU with good grades and mooting records were not chosen. Why is it so? Is it a lack of awareness about NLUs and the high quality of students?
Cause they know English law . And the firms know what they’re buying. Beyond nls and nalsar and nujs and nlud maybe - these law firms have no idea of knowing if your education is decent enough to hire you. And even kids from those top nlus - they have to work their butt off and be in the top 2% to get recruited.
easier work permit situation, high certainty that they will stick around in the country, & possibly better culturally integrated employees
A girl I know tanked CLAT, AILET, SLAT, and MHCET slightly - got PGCL and noped out of that. Went to a wierdass uni in the UK and now has a TC from one of the big4.

Main reason? Visa sponsoring is easier + interactions on open days and the like.
Dare I say that British universities give you education of a higher quality than NLUs?