Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
I secured an AIR 630 in CLAT 2024 and am getting a seat in NLUO general category. I'm torn between what should I choose , do I go with the NLU tag or do I opt for a better college life considering Pune.

I'm quite doubtful about what both colleges have to offer and what should be my priority.
NLUO far better than SLSP in every aspect except maybe the location. Without any second thoughts, go for NLUO. You will have to put equal hardwork at both these places to shine.
anything below top 5 nlu, tag doesn’t matter, go slsp and enjoy pune life.
SLS Pune or Jindal global are better options if you don't get top 5 NLUs. All new nlus waste of time and money. Old nlus upto gnlu only worth joining.
Only top 7 NLUs matter. After that, you can go for Jindal, then SLSP.
You'll get upgraded to a better university via CLAT lists or vacancies
Man, have you ever been to Pune? The city is dead; no big law firms exist there. Moreover, SLS won't be giving you that much free time to pursue internships all year round! Personally, I suggest going for the NLU tag. Don't forget that even NLUO has reputed centers like CPPLGG and especially CBIL, whereas SLS's most prominent research undertaking was 'Law, Gender & Disasters: A Case Study of Drought in Bundelkhand,' conducted for ICSSR by a scholar who doesn't even teach there anymore.
Last we checked, some firms called KCO, AZB, ELP, LKS, DSK have offices in Pune.
Go for SLS P, the crowd is much better there than NLUO. That is all that matters in 5 years because you learn the most from your peers, and they will also go onto become your lifelong support group. You also want to enjoy your early 20s, go out to malls/ clubs/ pubs/ movies halls, and not be stuck in some random campus far from civilisation.

You have to work hard in both places, but in terms of alumni and placements SLS P is quite established so no issues there.