Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
My college doesn’t rate it in very high regards. They have kept it very low in the list. However, I have seen so many social media reels of this moot happening lately. Who all are participating this time? NLS, NALSAR and NUJS? Is it true that it is one of the most sought after moots in colleges?
Brother last year nalsar won the competition and nluj was runners up. Ilnu organises pre moot conference too with leading law firms. Moreover, it is one of the oldest antitrust moot court competition in India. Idk what do you mean by "doesn't rate it in very high regards".
Nope, no one looks for it. The top 20 moots would have the moots from top 10 NLUs and GLC. My university had reserved ILNU CCI for first timers. It was a novice only and my college did pretty good with first years. So even if top NLUs might send teams but it's mostly lowest scoring intra teams.
in general, the mooting culture has declined post-covid, mainly due to competitive hiring, more focus on either acads or internships, as moots do not directly lead to hiring, except if you have won Vis/Jessup etc.

Also the fact that monetary support is still very less in NLUs hence a lot of students prefer research papers.