Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
It's not unknown that anyone who picks up a pen to circle an omr of a CLAT/AILET mock has only one dream: to make it to one of the top 6 NLUs through CLAT or NLUD through AILET. If an aspirant is enrolled in a coaching program, the coaching program does everything in its power to make students believe that every problem, from insomnia to a breakup, from malnutrition to obesity, will be sorted out once they make it to the 'golden' law school. Almost 85% have no idea while preparing for CLAT about the hardships of a law school.

When I was preparing for CLAT, I knew that this was just a stepping stone and not the whole platform itself. I only treated CLAT as an entry pass to a law school, and I knew once I reached a college, I would have to work my way upwards. However, this isn't the case with everyone, and most people keep daydreaming during their preparation days.

This isn't your which X NLU is the best debate. I want to know from my fellow people from NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS, NLUD, NLIU, NLUJ, and GNLU what their perspective was of a law school while preparing for CLAT and how it changed and what reality struck them after making it to the X NLU. How are you doing now at your college and what are your future endeavours?
Never thought I could read an entire newspaper in one sitting when I was preparing for CLAT, now I read 100s of pages in one go. Life has changed, when I look back, the last 2-3years have changed me for the better more than what 14years of schooling have done to me. However, this has come with the cost of social life. I hardly have friends back at home, I broke up with my girlfriend after coming to law school and I kind of don't find that fun in festivals, chatting/talking with my friends for hours anymore.
Cultural shock of a majority chunk of the batch indulging in Drugs, Hookups etc. and becoming monsters by constantly trying to pull each other down for the sake of being in a better position than them (despite posting insta stories hanging out together) and an overall toxic and cruel atmosphere.
I used to think im gay until I dated a junior at NALSAR and looked at the ugly guys in my batch
While preparing for CLAT, I truly believed that all my problems would be solved once I got into NLS. I used to think that CAM would call me to ask me to join them!

However, my perspective has changed now. I have met some amazing people from the so-called 'Tier 2' NLUs and some grossly incompetent people from my own. I have learned one thing: which NLU you are from does not matter; what matters is that you work hard!