Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Can someone shed some light on what work does ALMT Legal primarily do, have seen that they have a few transactions here and there but not much deals reported in the past few years. Also, they seem to be having a strong employment law practice.

So can anyone comment what exactly is their forte ?

How's the work and how's the team ?
Think of an ALMT job as a placeholder for your CV - which is better than nothing. In my many professional interactions with its senior lawyers, I found their quality of legal advice and drafting skills to be shoddy and subpar. Only the A is left - the others are dead/ gone (idonno), and Mr A doesn't count for much in today's world. I would avoid this firm, take a pay cut, and join a good chamber instead
they have a separate corporate and litigation office both in Nariman point. Does not make sense at all. I feel the place has lost its charm, people have left for other firms. Most of the work come from their connections itself. They do have good matters but then the office works very slow. I feel that barring a few people left there, the place is filled with people who are settled/looking to settle. Office is slow and has a wide gap between the associate level and the partners. People are nice otherwise but that's not going to keep the show going.