Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Is firing common in Trilegal for Associates? How's the situation at Trilegal (Disputes and Gen Corp) Delhi?
Firms don't need to fire anyone. They just single-out and give so much grief that a person leaves. Grief in general is still fine as everyone is going through it. But when you are solely the eyesore, it is difficult for any A/SA/PA/Counsel to survive.

Cases like getting shouted at in front of everyone, receiving bad feedback on work product, getting reprimanded for smallest of mistakes (or even there is none) etc. are bad for anyone's morale and the person breaks down.
As a student, ye bolna aasan hai. Once you vet a job, priorities change.
"If I got a job at Tier 1, no matter how much I'm yelled at, I wouldn't leave." - I come from a poor background too, and was this naive once.

That said, I hope you are never yelled at.
how is the disputes team, heard that they are nice and very good at what they do
They'll rarely, if ever, fire you. Instead, you'll be benched. The sheer embarrassment of being singled out by your peers will drive you into quitting. This is the most popular sacking method in this industry. Oh, and yes, there will be that token public firingβ€”even if you try to stay on top of things; because they are already done with you and want you gone. If you feel that things aren't vibing (trust your gut), you must keep your head low, work four times as hard (if there's no work, author a paper or papers on something related to your practice), and quit as fast as you can.
Not in the recent past. 3L cannot afford to fire people because they need more people to come up the ranks and occupy the SA/counsel positions