Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Pls write down your mail id so that I can contact you. I wanna join sastra so I just have some queries which I wanna ask yall.
Tried linkedin it sucks man cant even view profiles of people who arent in your circle
Nobody knows this law school. NLU Trichy or School of Excellence in Chennai better in Tamilnadu
My dad has some contactcs with some good advocartes in chennai HC when he enquired them about good law schools all of them prefer sastra after tnnlu. Since i didnt make the cut into tnnlu its my next option now, its true that there is no corporte placement in sastra but its revered as the best in TN for litigation. SOEL is my third preference if I dont make the cut into sastra as well
Sastra is not at all famous outside Tamil Nadu. Even B.R.A Law College in TN has more fame than Sastra
My dad has some contactcs with some good advocartes in chennai HC when he enquired them about good law schools all of them prefer sastra after tnnlu. Since i didnt make the cut into tnnlu its my next option now, its true that there is no corporte placement in sastra but its revered as the best in TN for litigation.
But why you want to join sastra? Go tanjavur to see the temples and come back. Nobody goes there to study law. Many good law schools in and around Chennai or other metros. Always choose a city for law where high court and law firm offices.
1. Absolutely despise corporate jobs so placements are not a concern
2. Not even sure if Im gonna get into the profession I might even do CA and takeover my parents firm

3. Regarding internships dad has connections so wont have problems finding internships
4. Proximity, Im form trichy
5. Didnt get into any NLU
6. Dont wanna hangout with spoiled brats in jindal
7. Some people recommended SOEL so I might even go there but by checking previous year trends its harder to get into sastra
8. My dads connections in chennai HC where quick to suggest sastra Thats all I can think of at the moment
bro don't come SOEL has great timings, you can intern throughout, Sastra is 9-5 and is horrible
If you have contacts, Sastra is good enough. It is relatively new meaning the alumni is not as distinguished as older private universities. Hence ' people have not heard of Sastra outside tn'. Also less likely to spoil your health by partying and the sorts. It does matter in the long run.

But being able to intern throughout the year will unlock opportunities. This won't be possible at Sastra due to location and timings.
But SOEL people dont even turn to corporate like Im yet to see a single soul from soel working in corporate on the other hand Ive seen many from sastra intern at many top firms