Read 41 comments as:
Filter By
It’s their own house. They don’t work for paying rent. I have offered them rent for staying there, they find it disrespectful. They don’t want to retire, I respect their choice.
im definitely not impressed by the figure, i just know that it is not possible to earn 10 crores in a T1 in 10 years
DUDE!! Your parents are still working. You're staying rent free. Why don't you let them retire and support them. How selfish can you get?
You can retire and live a very middle class life. It by no means is FU money or Fat FIRE in metros.
Assuming you are around 40 years old, I would factor inflation and say hang in there for few more years. My number is 14.5 cr
I’m mid thirties. Happily single and intend to remain so. About 6 cr worth of assets. I would like to retire, then relax and travel, but steep inflation and airfare means I should probably wait till I reach 15 to 20 cr in assets. So retirement at 50 perhaps.
A 3-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
Thanks, I’m not good at going solo and I’m worried that I will not be able to get a job after a few years of break if my savings aren’t enough.
I earned only 7 cr out of 10 cr. 3 cr was appreciation of my investments. I spent 10-20% of my pay. Never had to pay rent, lived with parents.
I’m surprised you think this is fake. I felt no one would be impressed with this figure and people expect much more before considering hanging up their boots.
Parents still earning. Wife earns well. No children and no plans to have.
Wow. 10 Cr savings after 15 years seems too good to be true.

Corporate lawyer or litigation?
A 5-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
a wise man once told me: when you find yourself in a hole just stop digging.

I would get out and live my life if I had that opportunity.
15 PQE lawyer with 10 crore. No dependents. Not attached to my work apart from pay. No other skill to do anything else.