Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
I am quite lost. I know I want to pursue a career in Competition Law, however, have received little to no response on any of my job application. Given opportunities are anyway so less in Competition Law, I feel like I have exhausted all avenues.

A little background about me; I am currently pursuing my LLM from a top NLU with a subpar LLB degree from a traditional law college. The placements from uni have not been the best and there has been no response to my cold emails.

While I have moot court achievements to my credit, I cannot say the same for my internships. All the time spent on moot court made it impossible to prioritize internships.

Any guidance would really be appreciated.
The usual + something unique - first, do top to bottom analysis of the competition act.

Next, understand the upstream-downstream stuff and tons of actual cases.

After that, try and find some research gap that you can fill - talk to your comp law prof at this 'top NLU' and try to narrow down something - this can tie into you being a part of some research center for the same. Make this paper as foolproof as possible and as fast as possible because you do not have time.

Next thing would be to apply to NDA with this + an article on a smaller research gap. Ping a few partners across firms on LinkedIn - cold emails are almost always ignored.

Do internships, internships, internships - moot courts mean jack shit for the CV or for actual learning - they are not even relevant for actual litigation. While this is true, still claim in your CV you worked on a certain competition law issue in a moot and how you won it. If you have to do hybrid internships, do hybrid, else do running internships. Online internships are horrible.

And in any case, keep repeating the steps. Do not forget T2s and Boutique firms - firms like BTG Advaya teach you a lot, even if they don't pay you an eye watering amount plus the work culture is amazing.

If these firms do not click in this year, join a litigation chamber of a senior advocate who does competition law cases - do it for 2 years then transfer wherever you want. Unfortunately, do not expect more than a pittance.