Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
I'm so tired. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't find one job in this whole country. I have always wanted to work in a law firm. I did my LLB during covid due to which physical internships didn't work out and all the internships I did were Meh. It's been two years since my graduation but I still haven't managed to find one decent job in a corporate setup.

I feel like a total loser cause I am one. I tried a lot. I spoke to all my connects being a first gen lawyer and not having a lot of friends in college I have exhausted all my connects and hopes with that. I just don't know what to do. I don't see any openings on fresher level even in very small set up. I keep scrolling on LinkedIn all the time. I keep mailing people. Calling them. I apply to any and every place I see. It just doesn't work out.

The reason I'm writing this here is cause I just want you people to tell me what is it that I did so wrong that I can't land a job? I just wanted to be a corporate lawyer. I think about killing myself at times because it's just not working out anymore. Please help me in whatever you can. Help me with any insights that might get me a job.
Why are u so bent on a law firm job that it's worth than your life? There are so many things in this world one can do in the corporate sector itself.I found out the just less than one year after graduation and working in a firm.Things are not just worth it in this profession.
If you or anyone can elaborate on this, it would be really helpful . Thanks
Hi, thanks for the reply. I would love to know more about the other things. It'd be great if you could elaborate. Also, I do understand it's toxic and not worth it but I just feel useless and have no clue what else I want beyond this law firm job. I know it's a "me" problem but I should have gotten something at least and maybe had the chance to experience this and decide for myself.
Sorry to read what you are going through. The easiest and the only way out (unless you get a lucky break) it seems is to associate yourself with a lawyer who does corporate work independently. You can transition to firms from there onwards or make enough name/network for yourself to keep slinging it solo.

You did not do anything wrong friend, its just that the profession is cruel to most.
thanks. I'm trying to find someone like that. it's not easy tbh but I'm looking.

No doubt the profession is cruel.
Hi,
I am a 2020 graduate with nearly similar if not all, experiences. I just want to say that the industry itself has plenty of direct and indirect barriers. Don't be too hard on yourself and definitely don't do anything to yourself due to this industry. I think its more about your communication skills and networking, plenty of people are busy hiring their networks, the other plenty are (at least in my limited experience) hiring people who can advocate for themselves (even if its exaggerated truth or plain lies). You will end up questioning your skills or worth but try talking to some of the people in the industry and you will be surprised if not shocked. Maybe just work on your presentation skills, how you present yourself and talk about yourself. You will find your way and figure it out, just stay around. Ultimately, law nahi toh kuch aur sahi, no industry is worth more than your life.
Hi, I agree with what you said. I think due to back-to-back failures I have lost faith in my self. But I also believe that everyone talks about your skill set and what you have to offer in my case I never got the opportunity to build that kind of skill set and that's where I lack. They don't even call back for interviews due to this. I just feel so lost all the time. I want to work and have financial independence. People have also started looking at me differently. I know I can see the look. Everyone thinks you're just not working hard enough. I don't want to be treated like that. All I wanted was one decent job to get through life and this profession has killed all my dreams.

My mental health is already trash and now my physical health is also under threat.
Hi, I understand where you are coming from and I know you are questioning your worth. See, apply, appear, follow up, move on, it isn't anything personal its just the procedure. You are doing everything by yourself ( i feel) and the constant rejections are getting to you. Keep reminding yourself that there are plenty of reasons for "rejections", it isn't always about something you "lack", maybe someone else was just "better" or "closer". You need just one place to give you that chance and its difficult but its possible. I'd repeat, work on your presentation skills, talk about your knowledge and maybe research or writing skills, anything you can find about yourself and boast about it. Forget about the people or the eyes, they don't know anything about your journey. Apply everywhere, apply and text on linkedin or personal contact, talk, network, reach out. You will find something or someone for sure. Just hold on.
Yes, thank you. Whatever you said is true. Holding on and giving my best.