Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
It was a small firm where my practice area was even smaller. I learned the absolute basics of it quite well but that was about it. I switched because of the pay and the politics so going back is impossible pretty much.
Thank you. I am thinking of switching to in house for sure. What worries me is how to explain the short stints I have in this firm and the previous one where I worked for just 8 months. I don't want this to reflect badly on me
I am making double of what I did in my previous firm. Granted neither of those pays are particularly glamorous. It's very less but I am okay with slow career growth.
A 3-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
Hi in various law firms people often work till 4-5 am in the night. So it can get worse too.

Nonetheless working till 11pm is also not great as the entire day goes by, and you don’t have time to do anything else.
Leave before you are shattered. Why don’t you start your own business? There are lots of inspirational stories on Shark Tank. If you lack the expertise and confidence you can do an MBA first.
I graduated last year from a Mumbai law college and got a low paying job at a boutique firm which was very chill work wise but toxic in other ways. I quit and joined a Tier 3 firm and life is