Read 50 comments as:
Filter By
Since the VC's term is ending, how high are the chances that GNLU would get a better administration?
CLAT 2024 was one of the most non-controversial papers in recent times though... the most I heard was that the paper was easier than past papers? Is there something I'm missing?
Paper was of a far lower standard as compared to the CLAT 2022 and 2023 papers and the Consortium released incorrect answer keys initially. GK also was quite substandard with questions bearing no contemporary relevance to the past year's current affairs being asked and the answers being stated within the passage not unlike English and Logical. Reasoning.
Shantakumar - he is a great VC - as far as I can tell from a distance

Quiet, non controversial, efficient, got shit done

When will NUJS have someone like him 😭😭😭
Distance being the key word. He has done nothing to improve the reputation and fortunes of GNLU despite having many advantages including funding and state support.
His so-called efficiency is causing dissent among the student body since he does not take any actions expeditiously but rather delegates them to AST and the Registrar who takes decisions which ultimately does not benefit the student body. Also, regarding the non-controversial part, GNLU has faced a lot of issues which has caused the HC to step in. Idk what's happening in nujs though, this is GNLU's reality.
You know the VC does not draft the question paper right...? The organising NLU administers the exam and CLAT 24 was very well administered. CLAT 2023 was super controversial and every year has seen incorrect answers in the preliminary keys. Look it up if you doubt it.
It's interesting to note that even NLUD stans consider the place to be a college and not a university.
Hopefully, they'll appoint a VC with sense! Really need good faculties and administration. The University is being overburdened by self-righteous gujaratis (no offence)
A large number of administrative decisions are taken unilaterally by the gujaratis.
One more term to Shantha Kumar. GNLU Gandhinagar and silvassa will become no. 1 & 2 in India
Why are so jealous of GNLU? I know you are a private law college kiddo, who is jealous of NLU kids who are doing well. GNLU is the best law college in Gujarat, there is absolutely no doubt abt it. It comes within Top-5 across India for law colleges.
Lol, buddy. You can assume whatever you want. My university's credentials don't need to be shouted about, people respect it the moment they hear its name. As for GNLU being top 3-5 places to study in India, such delusions are not healthy to be harboured.
GNLU students and alumni must insist on an NLU alum as VC, like NLSIU people did for Sudhir. I think Arghya Sengupta would be a great choice and he is also someone the ruling party would be comfortable with ideologically. Only problem is that he may not want to leave Delhi. Other options are Mrinal Satish and Nigam N.
Arghya or Mrinal aren't qualified. Former will never be qualified until he joins a university in teaching capacity. Latter will be qualified sometime around 2026. So will Nigam.
He may not have been a professor but he counts as an eminent jurist. That makes him eligible.
A 6-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 47-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 32-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.