Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
LI readers, please put a thumbs up on how many hours you take to read the The Hindu Newspaper comprehensively, covering everything from Main Headlines to the sport tableaux?
a) 0 hours (no read)
b) 3 hours

c) 4 hours

d) 2 hours

I had a CLAT Coaching Mentor who is a part of an institute with a tagline "Trusted for success" saying 2 hours must be your ideal prep time daily for CLAT which includes newspaper reading, taking news notes, to solving mocks, to doing everything sec tests...xyz, (How is it possible in 2 hours, or was the teacher misleading me? )
it's not possible in 2 hours, a mock by itself takes 2 hours then how can you finish all this in 2 hours. if you are preparing for clat 2025 i would recommend u to first be strong on your basics don't immediately start doing mocks it will definitely motivate you.For now do sectional tests and read newspaper and make notes of the important events, this will take atleast 3 hours a day, then slowly once clat 2025 is 5 or 6 months away start doing mocks every week or so.more than the mocks you do , analysing your mistakes is important, so analyse it and find where you usually go wrong and focus on it. all the best, if you have any more queries do feel free to ask me
yes! They've weekly Mocks regularly on Sunday. So, the mentor is like do 2 hours daily reading....makes sense? or is it absurd?
you have to realise the reading is more for your quick reading than the information, because there are so much unwanted information in the newspaper,this reading is for you to be able to learn to manage time. you have lot of time left for clat 2025 don't stress so much,stress is your worst enemy. This is just an exam, what you do in college matters more, don't get obsessed with it, you will suffer if you do, I'm talking out of experience
Don't even bother to read newspapers for the gk section. Yes you can surely go through it just to improve your reading speed and vocab but apart from that I won't recommend reading hindu. Just buy the legaledge clatpost and make it your bible. Have cracked clat and the current affairs section of ailet this year so you can rely on what I say. Ofc that being said, if you have an excess of free time you can surely incorporate other sources too.