Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
I started working after graduation in 2023 in a firm for a few months, then due to some issue, had to leave and take a break for a month or so. after that, I could not find any job in a similar practice area so I took up a role in legal business development and content management. It's been around 3 months and I have given several interviews however nothing came out substantial. Despite having a good Internship experience and some PQE, it's getting hard to score a job as things get stuck sometimes at the salary part or sometimes they require much more experience required for a lateral role. Ultimately, I am left with fewer options - either take up a low-paying job since no one is ready to give me a hike over my current salary in my job, which is actually a very big down downscale., o start over again with a trainee role. What is the best approach in this situation?PLs help
The job market is probably at its worst and is unlikely to recover in the future. Sorry to break it to you but you left your job at the worst possible time.
OP, don't listen to idiots like above on an anon forum about how the job market is. Just keep applying. Best would be apply through a referral
Had 4-5 refferals but didn't work. I guess I'm too old to start anew but not too experienced to be given decent job.
Accept the discount on years (since its only a year) and rebuild afresh. There are some people I know that are even 3-4 years behind their PQE at tier 1s. Further if you perform well you can even negotiate a double promotion in the next year. Good luck! :)
yes but what's the guarantee of landing a tier 1 job after a few years for sure?
What was the issue that made you leave the job?
Where did you take up BD work? Mention firm, or city/firm tier.
What kinda job are you looking for?
I mention everthing clearly but firms and recruiters are really vultures and try to take advantage of my misery by undercutting my current pay. Noone is offering half more than what is was offered in my previous job.