Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
I have observed that despite having good points and legal arguments, some lawyers are shut down in court, and not even allowed to make their point. Occasionally, they are chided away by certain benches that show remarkable levels of patience for 'seniors' or chosen junior counsels who aren't even on top of the facts. This leads me to ask, is there a secret circle that ensures traction for a select few, akin to the Illuminati? Or are these select few the Illuminati itself? How can I join this elite club?
Life's success isn't just about luck; it's akin to a chemical reaction. Much like altering ingredients changes the outcome, tweaking your appearance, communication style, and overall demeanor can significantly impact your success as an advocate. Remember, presenting yourself effectively is a dynamic process, much like finding the right balance in a scientific equation.
In Delhi, there is no such club of exclusives. If you have a good enough case, no one will do whatever is mentioned in the comment. However, there is most certainly a preferred group of lawyers for every tier of litigation who will be seen more often than others for reasons including but not limited to seniority, socio-political influence, merit in no particular order.
I hate to break it to you babe - you don’t go looking for the Illuminati; the Illuminati finds you.
I don't know about other high court. The Kar HC is dominated by B gang. It is so blatant.

The Indian judiciary is one of worst service providers in the world. I respect politicans. Atleast they need to win people's mandate in 5 years. More often than not, Judges in HC come from few families who think it is their birth right. I really think govt should step in and do away this farcical collegium system.

Well it is a rant.... but I feel so light typing it out on LI. Admin, go ahead and censor it (:

Thanks for the outlet
In Bombay, your blood matters. If someone is not from a litigation background, or their parent/s happen to not be known by name, but only as "Mr./ Ms." Counsel, the next step is to check the family the individual is marrying into. This is super gender neutral. There are scores where the (outsider or a child of lesser known Advocate parent/s) married a big shot and ended up being flooded with matters, and treated like royalty.

This might be marked trollish, but being born in the Illuminati; or, for those of us who aren't born into it, marrying in is the easiest way to join this club.

[Read: EASIEST. Not only.]
Hey there, let me elaborate. I'm not just talking about getting work assignments based on connections; I'm highlighting the fundamental ability to effectively argue your case and secure more opportunities. It's frustrating to see some sail through effortlessly before favorable benches while others, despite being well-prepared and skilled, face immediate rejection. This pattern is all too common, and it's disheartening. Want proof? Just check any college alumni WhatsApp group where people inquire about who's effective before which bench. It's ridiculous!

The litigation side of this profession seemingly has way too many elephants in the room - which nobody addresses, and it's concerning.

You can't be somebody in litigation without someone seriously backing you.
Seeing this first hand, also at Bombay HC

If you're okay with it, please drop your alt email

We could connect professionally
Upon its publication, I initially dismissed this as a troll post, a reaction shared by many, no doubt! What's truly alarming is the lack of emphatic or substantive disagreement, indicating that the truth might indeed align more closely with the OP's assertions rather than resting somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. Could this be a contributing factor to the state of our courts today?
Mods, I'm not OP, but I wanna read the replies. Publish the comments, please.