Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Its going to my first moot court competition super nervous...plzz give some tips/hacks like-
how to fake confidence?
how to evade some question by sounding smart even though u don't know the answer?
some specific keywords or ways to sound more aggressive and dominant
or any ways to get brownie points?
Nothing better than preparation.

Anticipate the questions to be asked and have answers for it.

Mooting is a test of grit. If you don't think you answered something correctly, don't lose confidence and continue performing.

You got this.
This, and instead of thinking of it like a grilling session, treat it as you would treat a conversation about something you like and are well informed about.

When you don't know something at all, try reasoning it from first principles. Be frank. Tell the judges that you are not able to assist them with the exact authority on the issue at that moment. Then tell them what you think the answer should be and explain your reasoning.

Try not to be too evasive. Some people don't like it and will then try and pin you down till they make you admit that you don't know the answer.

You don't have to sound aggressive or dominant. Try and sound sure, certain, and self-assured. For that, anticipate lines of questioning like the above comment advises.

I really got into preparing a full speech after doing a few moots. Of course, I never read out from the speech but it helped to have a clear frame of reference in mind of what the rest of my speech looks like. This was a personal preference and might not work for you. All the best!