Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Second semester is on the verge of completion and the shores of stability inside me are still getting hit by the waves of perplexity. There's just so much of time here. I feel like a grumpy unemployed uncle at the age of eighteen. Thoughts like not getting placed after the end of the course haunt me so much that I have recently developed insomnia. I feel stuck here. There's no guidance whatsoever. I just sit alone after college hours in my flat and weep in darkness like a loser. I have read all that maintain batch rank, intern like crazy, learn to read and draft advices from everyone I try to talk to, but it is not working out for me. I'm very overwhelmed. Probably it's the no campus life or lack of trustworthy companionship I don't really know. I'm not a weak student academically, I have come here as an outside Maharashtra candidate and my rank in the mh cet was really good, my clat rank was 5XX and I left mnlu for GLC Mumbai. I can't fit in. I see fellow batchmates going to Marine drive happily, chomping burgers in the bk nearby and deciding which cafe to hang out next at while I continuosly nag about my fear of being unemployed. I honestly don't know what's happening in my life, I can't get a grip. I just want to say one thing, end this fight, this stupid college rivalries and division of law firms in tiers. Cherish humanity and accept that in the end we all are trying to make a living out of all this work. Your toxicity kills teenagers like me, it confuses us and in the end you aren't here to help us out. Please stop this weird toxic competition.
Take a deep breath kid. It's fine. You are just in your first year.

I was not from GLC Mumbai, but from a T-2 NLU which too was not considered that good for placements. All that anxiety and fear for being unemployed is understandable at your age, especially if you come come from a not so sound finances back at home, like me. But trust me, the only way to escape this is by fighting it and keeping yourself busy in something meaningful. Do something that keeps you engaged like read some books, try to participate in some moot or ADR, or write some blogs. This will not only help you to keep engaged but would also help you grow your intellect.

And take it easy kid, you are just 18. You have your whole life in front of you.
Hey buddy,

Fellow final year student from GLC here. It is completely understandable what you are going through. Just saying, 'We have all been through this' does not make it easier. GLC is a different journey of its own and can be quite daunting at times.

Everyone's path here is unique; people often chart their routes. This quality of GLC is a boon and bane simultaneously. I am sure you will figure out your way too, just do not lose hope. Do not forget to have fun while doing whatever you are doing.

And I am sure you have an ample amount of mentors and seniors to seek out for advice, but in case you ever need someone to just listen or even discuss random shit, please let me know. We shall definitely connect, always happy to help!
Hi!

I completely understand where you're coming from and I hope you know that you're not alone.

Let me know if you want to talk about it and ill drop an email id here
hi i get what you are going through, its totally understandable. your glc senior here, even i get anxious when all talk in college is about either xyz internships someone got or xyz internship where someone applied. trust me when i say this - glc is at the end of the what you make of it, like the other comments you are just in your first year - enjoy them cherish them go play football take part in a moots and adr, attend lectures if you want to, read, write dont worry about a job from now, that time will come trust me. do things which will make you happy or give you joy

i have been interning for a few months now and i cant tell you how exhausted I am and how much i wish to be a normal college student again. you dont have to carry every burden with you all the time, just chip down at your goals whatever they are slowly, i cannot emphasise enough that you should not fall down the trap of comparing yourselves with others - this will bring nothing but more anxiety, dont worry about placement from now trust yourself if you are good enough to get into glc being an OMS, trust me you will be fine here. its sad that you have not gotten the right mentors till now, I know its tough when many dont show up in college, but please if you want to have a chat about anything i am free for you, we can find a way to chat.

i fully concur about the toxicity about xyz internship at xyz firm, especially when everyone does not start from the same pedestal in glc (some having the enviable advantage of being related to
I am a glc graduate and I understand what you are saying. But if you just look at the positives of all that free time. Instead of working about being unemployed take proactive steps so that you become more employable. Intern full-time, get enrolled in another professional course, be it CS, CA, ACCA. GLC gives you much opportunity to explore fields aside from law as well, try getting internship at a bank or a media firm or perhaps a political consultancy. If you just keep stressing about being unemployed and sit in your room after college, it will just get worse, brother. I understand GLC doesn’t have much of college campus life, but there are tons of events/lectures/ debate practices going on where you get to meet so many people.

It’s a different type of college where honestly you’ll only get what you what you are willing to work for. You can either choose to crib and not use your free time productively or you can start working for your future. Once you start working even chilling at marines/BK will seem fun to you.