Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
Your friend’s birthday bash? My senior let me go home on my birthday at 9 p.m. even though I had requested him to let me off at 7:00 since my friends wanted to meet. He said what birthday wudday. πŸ˜‚
No family background, no mentor, no clients, no humanity shown by senior

That sealed the deal for me
Pay. I didn't want to slog for 10-20 years on nickels and dimes for the odd chance that I'd reach the same level as a Arvind Datar or Somsekhar Sundaresan by my 40s. I did not want to suffer a terrible present in hopes of future that has miniscule chance of materializing.
True. I was so happy when I Joined Law School but all my hopes and dreams broke when I completed my Law.
same, my senior wasnt toxic but i realised i wouldnt even be able to afford accommodation with the stipend he was offering
Couldn't make peace with the fact that someone half as smart half as hardworking will gain twice as success because of nepotism. Not for me, more power to all other 1st gens who are hanging in there
almost same, but also the social slack i'd recieve for saying I go to court everyday and having to solve queries of my relatives and friends for no money