Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
So I quit my tier 2 firm around 2 years ago to join a tier 1. Let's just say I am not having the best time here and drained beyond limit. The partner at my ex firm and I got talking on linkedin and he asked me if I am willing to come back. The only reason for leaving that firm was that I was getting to move to a t1 in what seemed like a good team. Please advise.
You're the best judge about the firm, culture and your prospects. If all these are fine in your opinion, going back is not really an issue, unless you went out in flaming glory and burned all bridges.
I have seen a lot of boomerang hires at my firm. Totally normal bro, chale ja if it was bearable.
I rejoined a tier I firm after almost 2y of working in-house. The partner approached me casually on WhatsApp to check how I was doing. The conversation transitioned to him asking me if I was still interested in rejoining the firm. I took a day or two to evaluate the opportunity and confirmed him. If the partner is good, you should definitely think of rejoining the firm.
Not enough in the question to advise. Answer the following: (i) work quality and growth; (ii) is the tier 2 team same? less work, low quality, limited growth or has that changed?; (iii) where do you want to put in work in next 7-8 years to become a partner? (because lets face it, soon you will need to bring in work).

Some things are important. All the best.
Work was decent, better growth prospects than a tier 1. Yes the team is more or less the same with new A0s of course. Honesty can't say about 7-8 years but can see my self here for the next 4-5 atleast.