Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
How do job prospects (in corp firms) and career in litigation (corp+civil litigation) get affected for someone who has a GPA of over 5.5/7 in backdrop of someone with 4/7
Doesn’t matter at all in Litigation. Will matter for your first job in Corp. The big ones look for at least a 5/7. Typically GPA will not matter after that. If you’re looking for a training contract then aim for at least 5.5+.
Actually given the recent increase in batch strength, competition from other colleges and general state of the market, I think you’ll need a 6+ for a TC.
What about repeats? Do firms care if it's shown in your transcript, even if you score well after a repeat?
I don’t think they get the full transcript before Day 0. Only the GPA is sent by the RCC, unless things have changed.
Can someone also clarify that if my GPA at the end of 4th Year is around 4.5-5, then the firms would consider this as the GPA for the purposes of Day 0 right? Or do they simply look at GPA till the end of 3rd Year?
A gpa above 5 is safe for law firms. Though people with a gpa just above 3 have also got placed in the past. The safe gpa this time around was around 4.5-4.6 , though people above it including above 5 were not placed but they were exception. For training contract it would be much higher. There is no minimum gpa required to sit for placements and there is no minimum gpa to get a job as well but yeah just try to make it above 5. Usually firms don't see your transcripts so they won't know how many repeats you got. They just know your gpa by the what you mentioned in the cv which is vetted by the rcc.