Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Assuming that the reader is an SA, Partner or HR of a Tier 1 law firm, what's the ideal number of internships, achievements and certifications to include in a CV?

Is there an upper limit beyond which they would discard the CV because it's too long?
Mutual feelings, I've never understood. On one end it's suggested that you don't have to mention in a line what you've done (eg: Worked on insolvency laws) and explain in detail (eg- researched on cross border insolvency in UK, USA and Australia) but if I do the latter then my CV easily exceeds 2 pages and if I do the former then how will the recruiter know what I've worked on as it doesnt describe much.

Also, these days students are expected to participate in various moots, write research papers, etc which is not easy to fit in 2 pages unlike how it was a few years ago. Imo the 2 page CV doesn't work anymore.
Bumping this up so that some proffesional sees this and gives advice on how to deal with this predicament
Is relevancy determined by recency? If one has 6 corporate internships would you recommend into include all in the CV along with description of responsibilities?
Relevancy is determined on case to case basis here. If you have done an internship at a tier-1 law firm but have very less work experience to show for it, I don’t think you should prioritise it over a decent work experience filled tier-2 law firm.
A 3-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 1-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 1-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.