Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
As an Indian is it easy to get into the magic circle law firms from collages like NLSIU/NLU D/NALSAR/NLU J etc. ??? And even then is it possible to get into ib(Investment Banking) from there

As an aspirant I really need a picture of what I am signing up for
You should just focus on learning the law as of now. Career opportunities will be available from all top 6 NLUs more or less the same. Your questions and your post heading are completely different though.
1. Shifting from Law to IB is extremely difficult if not impossible. Different fields. Different criterias.

2. You either end up at these places because of the massive privilege you have or when by stroke of luck and hardwork, your stars simply align.

3. If you have to ask then most likely it's already late or it's highly unlikely that your stars will align.
Many IBs consider Cap marks law firm experience at top firms into JD computation as well and they are considered but rare ofcourse.
It is not rare amongst wall street M&A lawyers to switch to IB or some finance offshoot (PE or even FX) [Matt Levine for Example]

However keep in mind that:

- IB reimbursement is unreliable (bonuses across big bank this year were absolutely ghastly, which sadly make up 70% of their component)

- it's as stressful and demanding as a law firm job if not more

- you're expected to sell more than sit back and produce. You're under pressure of "originating business" and would still be expected to be on time with deliverables.

IMHO, it's worse off than law firms job as pay difference is not that crazy. Law Firm advisory has relatively higher margins than IB fees.

Source: ex worked w/ jpm at WS
Its not easy to get into magic circle just after law school. My batch has just 2 people who were given offer from these firms. My senior batch had 4. Usually under 5 out of 80 students.