Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
Fellow law firm folks,

What's the longest you've had to work without any break day? Just curious to know how bad it can get. Also, please mention how frequent such streaks are. Don't trolls please, need genuine responses.
different guy but I work for a "Leading Capital Markets Team" based out of Mumbai and trust me its just as bad.
6 months probation as a lateral at SCAM. Not a single day off. This was a few years ago, don't know the situation now.
Until I was an A1, 7 hour weeks and 16 hour work days were common. Then I got fed up. A1 onwards I've never worked more than 5 days in a row, not even once. Turns out that once you get comfortable saying no, seniors learn not to push too hard. What I also learnt (much to my surprise) that most attorneys are practically unfireable because it's too much money and effort to hire and train a fresher.

I'm not a PA2 on track to be RP with not a regret in the world. Try it kids, it's fantastic.
61 continuous days without even a Sunday off.

The project started as a 3 member team to a 9 member team once we unraveled the depth of the whole project.