Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
i was researching on nlus and thinking which one to prefer for clat 25 and nliu has mixed reception. Some say it's tier 1 and others that it has 'lost its charm'. it's also the second oldest NLU.

Why is it so?
There's no criterion, only trolls claiming these tiers. If you want a job out of law school, it's still a good option.
Heyy, NLIU is still in Tier 1. I know its NIRF rankings have fallen but i genuinely would say that it has a good academic, mooting and sports culture, placement rate etc. the decision is yours, but i think NLIU is a very good choice. NLIU cannot be compared to colleges like HNLU or NLUO. NLIU is far better.

P.s. There is no such thing as Tier 1.5, its either 1 or 2.

Hope this helped :)
There exists a concept known as Tier 1.5.

Let's consider NLS, NLUD, NALSAR, and NUJS as Tier 1, and for example, RMLNLU, NLUJ, NUALS, and RGNUL as Tier 2. These classifications of NLUs into tiers are generally accepted without controversy. In this framework, where would you place NLIU? Is it on par with NLS? Certainly not. However, it surpasses RMLNLU, which makes it deserving of the Tier 1.5 designation.On a related note, let me explain why there isn't a Tier 2.5. The distinction between a Tier 2 and Tier 3 NLU is minimal, primarily revolving around student perception and, in certain cases, campus infrastructure. Conversely, the gap between Tier 1 and Tier 2 NLUs is significant. Just compare how much better NUJS is compared to RGNLU. Then, observe the relatively minor difference between NLUJ and DSNLU.