Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
i am studying as a 1st year BA LLB student in one of the premier law colleges of india and have strong interest in litigation, hence wanted to know whether chambers of senior advocate dushyant dave is suitable for a first internship?
buddy what would you do there without having an iota of knowledge about the law?
Agree with the above but in part. While you would not be able to learn any 'law', you will be able to closely observe the doyen on a daily basis for atleast a month. This exposure, quite early in your career, will shape your thinking and work ethics.

There is one caveat though - since you will not be able to comprehend 95% of the things happening there, you may become disinterested. If that happens, you will not be able to absorb anything. You need to really be eager to soak everything even if you find it incomprehensible (or boring).
Law isn't a rocket science

Anybody can learn it by watching others

Even a law degree is sometimes not required much.
As he deals primarily in SC, you need basic litigation experience. Mr. Dave goes through the CV personally. You may try your luck. The internship was one of my best experiences and I can vouch for that.
Apart from legal cases, he does political activism too. So as a first-year you could maybe research on those aspects, e.g. research on a speech or article on a pressing issue like secularism or federalism? Why don't you try that? But note that ideologically he is anti-BJP and pro-Congress.