Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
To keep it short

1. I applied to one chamber having vacancy. Clearly mentioned in my application that I AM currently working. Requested a mutually acceptable time for further discussions, if any

2. Chamber associate randomly schedules an interview. I reply, communicating my non-availability. Pat comes a reply, again, unilateral scheduling, that too, on a court working day

3. It is known that courts tend to sit beyond regular working hours where I usually practice, and where the said chamber has a vacancy

4. I naturally cannot leave my prior commitments, which is the reason why I stressed on mutually acceptable timings

Questions

1. Is this adversely indicative of the chamber culture?

2. Should I nonetheless go ahead with this (of course, if my matter reaches before their timing for the meeting, not letting the client be stranded like this)

3. Has anybody else experienced this? [First experience of this sort for me. Practitioners far more experienced have shown due regard to the fact that the persons who apply may also be working, and hence have seen many instances when both sides mutually agree on a timing convenient for both]
The chamber associate is playing politics and doesnt want to increase competition in his work-place. Nothing new. Even if you get into this chamber, that associate will behave like a prick and absolutely not co-ordinate with you. I am also guessing that this particular associate is also the right hand of the Boss. You may face tough time beating him in his dirty workplace politics. Tread with caution.
Seriously OP, hear this one out. Play your cards safe. A friend of mine legit ended up resenting work due to a slightly senior associate who made his life pure misery. Things went to the point of a public verbal "disagreement", IYKWIM. Chamber politics gets real nasty at times.
Chamber politics is worse than Tier 1s. Tier 1s at least pay well and still get unnecessary hate lol.