Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Having dedicated the past two years to NEET preparation, I find myself stuck in a loophole, confused between the various career paths.
Recently, my dad brought up the idea of pursuing law during a conversation. I took the AILET test, gave the exam at home for the sake of it to even consider law as an option and gave it as a mock and scored decent (83), but found out that the legal field is pretty exclusive, and connections matter a lot. Since I don't have those connections, I'm thinking about going for corporate law(?). Engineering seemed like a good option with my PCMB background, but I'm mediocre with math and logic and cannot cope with its volatile nature. As for BCom/management, I haven't really looked into it much but it ain't something that I would be ecstatic for.

I'm just looking for practical advice, so please reconsider any exotic career options. Spare me the "follow your heart" rhetoric too. I just need some straightforward suggestions that make sense.
You should seriously consider the bcom+MBA path. It was a backup option of mine but I cracked CLAT so yeah. I was from an engineering background too fyi. Only difference being that I had economics as my fourth subject.

Ps- B.com in itself doesn't hold much value unless done from a t1 college so be prepared to give a ton of mba entrance exams right after your undergrad.

Secondly, I would definitely suggest law as a career path. Even if you don't have those connections, you can still very well flourish if you have a genuine interest in it. Don't join if you are not intrigued by it. A fair warning. Law demands your focus and interest.

Ps- It goes without saying but joining a good (not necessarily great) law school is vital.

Lastly, I would suggest you to stick with what you have been doing for the last two years but ofc you know yourself and your capabilities better than anyone else. Just don't go down the engineering path. Experience se bata raha hu it's not something jo wo log kar paaye jinpe engineering ka bhooth na sawaar ho.
Thank a lot OP. Initially, I was also thinking about going for B.Com+MBA or BBA+MBA route. However, I didn't want to limit myself to business and management right away, and perhaps its volatile nature scares me for now. So, I've decided to focus on law because CLAT is conveniently 8 months after the NEET examination on 5th May. This way, I can prepare well after NEET.
Take an aptitude test . Doesn't cost much.

Take 2 tests to be sure and make sure you answer them truthfully immersing yourself fully in each question.
aptitude test?

if you are talking about a career guidance test I have already given quite a few, and scored follows in the onet test (it was the only one which was quote one quote official so)

https://imgur.com/a/08vzVkl

If you were talking about an actual aptitude test to measure my IQ.. I had already taken one in 2021 and scored128ish.