Read 40 comments as:
Filter By
Now the biggest champion of their ancestors' oppressors will come out.
Surprising that we need a survey for this. One look at the ‘mosque’ and the name itself is all the evidence you need.
Simple solution:

1. Restore the Hindu temple that was destroyed and allot land to Muslims for a mosque in another location. Basically the Ayodhya formula given by the SC.

2. Repeat the same for Mathura
Let's also extend this principle beyond temples. No reason Indian property law should have a temple exception. After all, what India really needs is for all current land titles to be challenged on centuries old claims
Basically what you're saying is that destroy the mosque that is currently existing. Typical ▮▮▮.
Should we also destroy all the hindu temples that were built atop jaina and buddhist temples? Just keep building new hindu temples in another location? x 10. we just build temples in this country. who needs a school or a hospital?
Senseless argument. These are very less temples like that and that too in small states far away from North India. Also Buddhism has no civilizational continuity in India.

School and hospital argument is valid, I agree. Govt should focus on those too
Temple was already restored by Maharani Ahilyabai Holkar in 1780 AD. It exists next door, right to this day. What is left to do? This seems like a non existent dispute.
CAM office existed below the mosque as well. The mughals demolished it. It must be reconstructed.
In the US, California has returned land unlawfully taken by whites from blacks to the descendants of those blacks. Same principle must apply here. Kashi and Mathura must be returned to Hindus.
Why stop there? The temple was constructed on someone else's land. Give it back to their heirs. Give back everything to the indigenous people before the Aryan invasion.
Same thing. They migrated and took over others' lands. Should give those back immediately.
Nah migration is different from invasion. And assimilation also occured so their land is a gift from their maternal side to their paternal ones. The "others" you mentioned didn't have much land at any point in history. So sorry self-proclaimed moolnivaasi
Interesting to know that you're posing as a time traveller now. All that whatsapp university history lessons finally bearing fruit.
Archeological evidence naam ki cheez hoti he Reddit University wale. Jaake padhle
My only question is will the government provide the same courtesy to Buddhist temples destroyed by Hindu kings?
Except in backwater areas like Kerala there is no evidence of that being done with any major temple. Also Buddhism doesn't have an inheritor or civilizational continuity in most parts of India expect on few areas like Ladakh
Yaha fact nahi kehte. We LI leftoids will only do whataboutery after reading Harpic atrocity literature
Imagine working at a tier-one law firm and yet falling for something as delusional as religion.
The only valid restoration should be of trees. They existed way before the mosque and temple bs. I feel like I'm smoking 100 cigarettes at once when I arrive to India from any country.

The standards of India has become so low that they consider this filthy air as pure.