Read 32 comments as:
Filter By
I hope the courts take a moralistic view of this matter and support this young lad, who is standing by his parents like a pillar of support. How many among us have offered our parents an Ayodhya trip? I'm inspired and hope the gods shower him with strength and resilience.
If your wife insisted on visiting her parents in a far off suburb when u had plans with friends and she cancelled your trip to make it yours, what wud be your reaction?

Also this is clearly mental cruelty, and considering the recent judgements I don't think it's hard to expect a hard divorce decree with the husband refunding that trip amount
Which Ramayana have you read? North or South recension? Did you read the Vulgate? Do you consider Sundarkanda or Uttarakanda a later addition? Who are Ramayana scholars whose works you have followed?
Certain comments on this thread clearly show why so many lawyers are ending up single/unmarried in today's times. If you actually think that the woman filing for divorce was justified, may God help you.
Yes very well. Next time the couple intends on doing the bang bang, she should do aarti and bhajan. W wife.
It was not the destination, but the deceit on part of the husband which is likely to have prompted such a step.
Standing by your parents and supporting them can never be termed as deceit. Such attribution on your part is a sign of Kalyug.
Beta, tujhe bhi kaliyug mein hi astitva mila hai

Itna punyavaan hota, to direct satya yug mein janam leta
Why would such support have to be at the expense of the truth? Make your intentions and priorities clear from the very beginning. Choose a person who would be supporting you for who you are.