Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
My roommate smokes up every night and encourages me to do the same. I feel she is too addicted to drugs, is there any cure?
As if they give a fuck. Almost everyone at my T1 NLU have done substances. It is a joke of an act which can be NEVER enforced.
Lol. Case ban jayega bhidu. They are letting you go by choice because the focus in on the bigger fishes. Abhi pel denge if they want to.
the sentence for consumption is 1 year or 6 months depending on drugs, such offences are never enforced unless attached to a higher offence. Only offences with 7 years and above are ever seriously prosecuted (not conviction). NDPS has such sections as well.
Therapy and rehab

But no-one can force someone into it. For it to be successful, the person needs to be willing.
Why do you care about her addiction? it doesnt affect you right.

However just inform the warden about this. Dont complaint. So that if the addiction takes a toll or something you arent held responsible. Also please keep friends in knowledge that you dont do drugs and it's only your friends.
Graduated from a tier 2 Nlu. Faced the same issues when in college. Here's what I did.

1. Tell him/her you don't wanna do it. After a cpl of times they dont ask. Its their life let them do what they want. Stick to your business.

2. I had issues with the smoke. So just told him so. That he's free to do it outside or in the balcony. Not in the room.

After some time he found other guys who used to smoke up and they mostly did it in the other guys room.

3. The main issue is if he gets caught and they find substance in your room. Then you are going to be in trouble.

Wasnt an issue for me as I never did drugs and had a plan that if they found it in my room was gonna tell that "maybe the roomie does iy have no idea". And insist on a drug test if they try to procto me.

4. And I used to have fun with him tbh. When ever he was high he used to tell me tales and gossip stuff. Plus normal funny Banter.

5.IMP. Don't file a complain . People are gonna find out. And as majority does these things in law school your gonna face issues in the hostel and get a bad name.