Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
finding law firm life quite difficult, I will try to survive for at least a year, but if not I wanna switch in-house. But I don't know about any in-house opening. How do you guys figure out? Following LinkedIn of most GCs? Contacting Friends? Dropping cold emails? or is there some other source?

Also, I know best time to move-inhouse would be after 4-5 years, but will running away from firms within months or a year or 2 look bad? Pls help.
In house, almost all vacancies are filled through references and recruiters. Check your Law school, law firm groups.
Best sites for in-house vacancies are LinkedIn and Naukri.com. Also, it is advisable to connect with all legal head and hr head of the companies since most of the time they post about the openings on LinkedIn itself. And 1 yr PQE in general corporate in T-1/2 is also considered sufficient period for a switch to in house role. There are hierarchy and budget of the roles, if you fall under that I don't think switching within 1-2 yr won't matter that much. For eg: I was in litigation chamber for the initial 2 yr and then switched to a company. The first switch will be very difficult but then it will be smooth sail for you. All the best.

(P.S: DU law faculty, 5+yr PQE, presently- DM Legal contracts, just sharing to provide base for my response).