Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
I made it to NLU Sonepat. I feel very proud and happy about my achievement. But people seem to treat it as inferior and say it's nothing to be happy about? Have i achieved anything or am i just another average joe?
depends on who are compared with - top/mid nlus kids - yes

Pvt/state uni kids - no
Opt for a good pvt uni or go to a state university and prepare for judiciary. Don't go to T3 NLUs
You should be very very proud of yourself! Whether you make it to NLS to NLU Sonipat, it’s just a college- and it depends on what you make of it. You have spent a lot of time working hard on CLAT and have made it into an NLU, you don’t have to compare yourself with anyone else except your old self. Be proud of your hard work.

All the best! Hope to see you in the legal circuit soon.
Oh LI ke anonymous comments ko dil se mat lagao. You have definitely achieved something by cracking a national level entrance test but tumhara future kya hold karta hai ye to abhi bhi next 5 years of law school me tumhara performance decide karega. Fir chahe koi nlu sonepat ka student ho ya nls ka.
Bhai, you should be proud. We all have our reasons. I am first-gen-college goer. Made it to RGNUL. Not a massive feat compared to a lot of students. But still great?

No mentorship, no guidance, no coaching and still ended up here. Quite a feat? Some people will get things sooner than me because of their privilege. Thats okay. Guess what? I am rubbing shoulders with them, right now. And will eventually reach where they all will.

ATB!
it sounds really corny and "impractical" but once you start letting the standards of others determine what brings you joy and makes you proud of yourself, you're on the slippery slope to self esteem issues and feelings of inadequacy and self doubt. so live by your standards and if you feel like you've achieved something which makes you happy, let yourself feel that happiness and pride.

but be consistent with this philosophy ig. if you wish to be happy and proud by your own standards, then that should be your philosophy uniformly across all areas of life. otherwise it'll get messy.
You shouldn't be proud; there is nothing to be proud of. If you want to join the corporate sector, your chances from here on are very bleak. If I were in your place, I would have reappeared for CLAT and aimed for the top 7 colleges, with the last one being NLIU. The truth is, you won't get internships or jobs from NLU Sonepat. However, if you want to join any other sector apart from the corporate one, like judiciary or litigation, then you will be fine. Also, this false positivity is of no use, 3rd, 4th year mey jab internship nhe lagti na tab Zindagi mey asli BT ati hain. Esley stay away from people who give you false hope.
According to you what is better?

NLUs like Sonepat, GLCs, or Private Unis?
Not the guy you mentioned but GLC mumbai> Jgls=slsp> nlu sonepat=nirma> other private unis
Ah yes! The typical LI ka dalla jo dinbhar ka exhaustion freshers ko dara ke nikalta hai. Just cause tujhe internship nahi mila doesn't mean ek fresher ko bhi nahi milega jab wo 4 saal baad 4th year me aayga. Iss platform pe kuch to positivity rehne de. Fake positivity to bahut door ki baat hai.
Bhai I am in a T1 NLU and meri do mahiney ki lag gaye, thanks to my batch rank but seeing my batchmates, agar T1 NLUs walo ko lagane mey etni mushkil ho rhe hain toh NLU Sonepat ka hoga bataon? Bacche ko jhuth bolkar career kharab mat karo uska. Good words won't feed you at night, a reality check will.
Ik law students despise it but let's do the maths. A whooping 97k+ students gave CLAT 2024 whereas only ~2k+ were able to clear it. Assuming atleast 10% of the rest 95k would be willing to take your seat in NLU sonepat, you are currently acquiring a seat wanted by 9.5k clat aspirants. I guess you got your answer counsel.
I wouldn't be proud, I'll be grateful. Grateful because even though things could have been better, they could have been much worse, too. Life is often like that. We get some but not everything. Gratitude has kept a semblance of sanity in my life. You wanted to stay law. You now have a chance to do what you wanted to do. At your law school perhaps you won't get as much institutional support. Perhaps students who are at better ranked schools will have it a bit easier. But it's not the end of the world. Much will depend on how hard you work, the skills you develop, the law you master. Those things are in your hands. And of course don't hesitate to ask for help. Some may not, but many will help, whatever they can. Be grateful for that also. And of course ultimately there's always an element of intangible luck. That's part of everyone's life but not in anyone's control. But a lot of things are in your control and you can work on and towards them. Congratulations on your admission and wish you all the best.
A 5-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.